Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Celibacy: Day one

I understand that it's only the morning of day one; technically not even 12 hours in to my celibacy, but you know how on the first day of a diet all you can do is think about cake and cookies? Then the cookies are wearing a cute new skirt, and the cake has had her hair done and you know you shouldn't be going crazy but you are.

I have already hit two major snags actually. First snag is that a certain lady friend of late is a bit upset that i didn't let her know about this experiment in enough time for a last hurrah. That sort of thing tends to piss women off in my experience. In my experience I mean this one time, obviously. This is just a sign that I have taken the power back. The power of being the sex decider. Women have controlled it for ages. It is bound to ruffle some feathers when you have a transfer of power this big.

Snag number two was completely unforeseen. If you are dating, but not looking for a relationship, sex becomes the buffer. Sex is the reason or excuse for being with someone. Take that out of the equation and what is left? Holding hands, watching movies, kissing, cuddling, but without the sex...

What will happen? Will this change expectations? All the stuff leftover, is strangely more relationship-like than sex. This could be dangerous ground.

The best part about celibacy is that women want to make out with you and touch you inappropriately to try and fuck up your game. The worst part is you can't do shit about it. It's like staring at a cake while you eat a carrot.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck if I know. I can't even figure out how to respond to comments as apposed to making another general comment.

    ReplyDelete