Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Celibacy: Day 16- Still At It.

I haven't posted in a few days and you all thought that meant I had failed didn't you? Well I didn't. The force is strong with this one. Nature did however handle the problem on its own but I will spare you the details since for the people that I know, this blog is gross enough as it is, but it was then that I realized (Have you ever noticed Carrie Bradshaw says that in every single episode of Sex and the City?): Celibacy is a load of shit.

I didn't realize that celibacy is a load of shit in definite terms yet. It just hasn't really done what I expectected. In fact, it has done the opposite. Instead of clearing my head and allowing me to concentrate my energies on things besides sex, it just makes me think about it more. It's the slingshot effect. The more I try to pull myself one way, the farther I am going to shoot the other.

On day 13, I thought I was going to lose it. I was going a little nuts and was starting to worry about the effects, but when mother nature gave me the happy ending package, I felt clear headed (pun intended) again. I will give it the additional 2 weeks mostly because I want to prove that I can do it but also because it may make differences in things that I haven't experienced yet in my 16 days of celibacy. For instance, I have a first date tomorrow.. with a very attractive young lady.. who I will not have the sex with...

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure i recognize the carrie bradshaw quote from one of the movie trailers

    ReplyDelete